In this blog post and video, I am sharing a project that I've been wanting to make for a while now. I hope you will enjoy it. It is fairly simple but I think you will love it and enjoy making it and making it your own.
In my live facebook video this evening, I created a series of masculine oriented cards using Stampin UP's! "Tasteful Touches" stamp set. I really like the elements in the set and how they lend themselves to so many different design options. Personally, I like playing with textures, colors and placement in my design work. When you look at the finished cards, pay close attention to the color palate and how the various layers project a depth and draw your eye within the card. I purposely used a lot of different colors and limited the elements but the placement is fairly consistent.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video and if you don't have the stamp set yet, maybe consider putting it on your wish list.
Instructions: For each card you'll need to (cut 2 ) 5 1/4" x 4" Whisper White card stock.
- Card base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", score at 4 1/4"
- Sentiment - I used Rectangle Stitched Framelits dies, choose the size that fits your sentiment of choice
-referring to the photos, choose the elements and place on acrylic blocks
- I used lots of different colors, so I won't mention them here, but choose colors from what you own.
- In general choose a light, medium and darker ink for each card. Stamp from light to dark, overlapping colors as you choose, or follow the designs I have on the cards.
Just have fun with it!
God Bless and Happy Stamping!
Hello fellow stampers and friends~
For my Saturday Night Live demo on Facebook, I created some fun note cards and a cute box to hold them. It would make a fun gift for a friend or a host gift.
The note cards and envelopes come in a pack of 20 cards and envelopes. I am using the Very Vanilla cardstock tonight, but they are also available in Whisper White. The are great to have on hand.
The box is made from one 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock. A photo of the template I use is below. You can follow along on the video, it comes together easily.
The stamp set we will be using for this project is: "Nothing's Better Than" #152507, and die set "Love You More Than" 152698. Some of the stamps use a two step stamp technique, and the cookie card also uses a masking technique. I show how to accomplish both of these techniques in the video.
1. Following the diagram, on the long side, score at 1", 2", 6" and 7"
2. On the shorter side, score at 1" and 7 1/2".
3. Using a ruler score as shown in the black marks on the template.
4. Following the diagram, cut out the two blocks with the "X".
5. Round the corners as shown.
6. Fold and burnish all folds and assemble the box referring to the video if needed.
7. For the top of box, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 6 1/4" x 3 3/4".
8. For the belly band, cut a piece of coordinating card stock 11" x 1", wrap around box loosely and
adhere using adhesive of choice.
9. Cut a 2 1/4" and a 2" circle using appropriate punch(s). (color of choice) layer and stamp as you choose.
As you may be aware I am doing two live facebook events a week, and I'm learning lots about how to make a video. I only hope at some point in the future I can look back and see that I have improved over these early attempts!
But I will say I am learning and I think, getting better, AND I'm having fun, and being creative, that's good (for me).
This week on "Wind Down Wednesday", I played with some new products and a new, to me design element, the Chevron.
When I first saw the paper folding it made me think of Origami and though it looks a little complicated, its easy. I had fun playing with colors, texture and patterns, designing the cards. I hope you will enjoy watching the video and maybe learning something new.
The first card :
1. The card base is 8 1/2" X 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". Card base is card stock in Just Jade.
2. Cut inside card insert, 5 1/4" x 4" using Whisper White cardstock.
3. Cut a piece of Misty Moonlight card stock, 5 1/4" x 4", using Embossing folder "Greenery". The embossing folder is smaller than the card stock, so allow the extra to extend outside the folder.
4. To make the Chevron pattern, using a piece of DSP, with pattern on both sides, cut 5 pieces 2 1/2" x 1". I used dsp from the 6" x 6", Playing with Patterns.
5. Refer to the video for folding if that helps. Fold 3 strips in triangles right corner to left corner on top, and reverse on the bottom. For the remaining two strips, Fold the top from Left to Right and the opposite on the bottom.
6. Looking at the photo, starting with one of the 3 strips at top of card, and alternate with the opposite fold, and continue alternating to bottom. If you're happy with the look, then go back and using tombow glue or adhesive adhere to the card stock.
7. Using the smaller triangle stamps from "The Right Triangle" stamps stamp four triangles in coordinating color paper stock and ink. For my card, I used Night of Navy, Just Jade and Purple Posy paper and ink.
8. Fussy cut out the triangles and looking at the photo, pop them up with smaller dimensionals and place on card stock.
9. For sentiment, I used "HELLO" from the "Forever Fern "stamp set, stamped using Misty Moonlight Ink on Purple Posey paper scrap and adhered to card with dimensionals. Use whatever sentiment suits you.
10. I made a bow in Just Jade ribbon and adhered to the card with a glue dot.